It felt good to write an emotionally-charged post, but for this one, we’re going to switch to a lighter topic.
Lauren over at Method to my Madness tagged me in her Five Things post, so I’m ready to play along! You get to find out some more about me. :)
Five Things I’m Passionate About
- Supporting my husband, friends, and family in any way I can.
- Dogs. If I could adopt them all and give them a good home, I really really would. I love Dexter, my adopted poochero so much. I don’t think I’ll ever buy a dog from a breeder; I will continue to always adopt.
- My work, whether it’s my day job or my freelance work. I want whatever I’m working on to be the best it can be.
- Enjoying the little things, including hearing good news, turning up my favorite song on the radio, or taking a walk outside.
- Surrounding myself with quality people. Life is too short to have toxic people in your life. I’m so thankful for my friends. They are caring, fun, thoughtful, funny, intelligent, driven, and talented. It is always good to strive for something greater. They make me want to do that.
Five Things I Want to do Before I Die
- Be a part of a photo shoot, preferably a solo one like a boudoir or fashion photo shoot. I want to be all dolled up with gorgeous hair and pretty makeup…that someone else does for me.
- Have my writing published again, whether it’s freelance work or a novel of some kind.
- Be a great mom.
- Learn how to manage my stress and to not worry so much.
- Fully understand who I am.
Five Reads I Love
(I don’t read that much, so I pulled one back from the day for fun.)
- Small Steps: The Year I Got Polio by Peg Kehret. I loved this book when I was a kid. I even got a hard copy one year for Christmas. It was around this time that I started writing. I even exchanged a couple of emails with this author. I was a driven kid. I wish I still had the guts to email an author and ask for advice.
- All sorts of magazines, but I particularly love Self and InStyle at the moment.
- Blogs, of course.
- Wild by Cheryl Strayed. I wasn’t a huge fan of the geographical aspect of the book, but I did really enjoy the raw storytelling of her life experiences. I cried. I felt joy. And if I ever do a thru-hike, I’ll remember the mental component that goes into it because of this book.
- Facebook comments and messages, personal emails, and legit snail mail.
Five Places I Want to Travel
(It’s hard to limit it to just 5 for this list!)
- California to see the Redwood Forest.
- Italy to see the ruins of Pompeii.
- Greece to see those vibrant white buildings against the beautiful blue sea.
- Africa for a safari.
- It’s a toss-up between Montana for Glacier National Park and Wyoming for Grand Teton National Park.
Five Movies I’ll Never Get Tired Of
- The Wedding Date
- Finding Nemo
- Crazy, Stupid, Love
- Pitch Perfect
- Beauty and the Beast
Five Blog Friends, Tagged