, ,

Guess who is finally linking up to Sami’s Shenanigans for the first time ever?! Hopefully I do this correctly and I show up in the list of 200+ bloggers who post about their weekend.

This weekend revolved around Halloween parties. Let me show tell you…


I decided to work from home because I didn’t have to attend any meetings. I had just recently earned my free drink from Starbucks, so the obvious choice was to work at Starbucks for the morning. I had a peppermint mocha with an extra shot of espresso. (Hey, it was free.) I’m not longing for Christmas by any means. I tend to drink these year-round. I love chocolate and peppermint together.

My laptop battery died while I was there and I didn’t bring the charger. Real smooth, Mandy. I packed up and headed home to finish the afternoon there. One of the main reasons I wanted to work from home was because I needed to figure out a snack to bring to a Halloween party at 7:30 that evening and if I’m being honest to fit in painting my nails, too. I really did get work done, I promise.

The snack I made was so easy to put together. I got the recipe for these spicy pretzels from my friend, Mimi.

  • Combine 1/3 cup of canola oil, a packet of ranch, 1 tsp of lemon pepper seasoning, 1 tsp garlic, and 1 tsp cayenne pepper.
  • Empty a bag of pretzels into a gallon-size Ziploc bag.
  • Pour mixture into the Ziploc bag of pretzels and shake the bag to cover.
  • Shake the bag periodically over the next couple of hours and then serve.

Ta da! Easy. Just like I like it. That’s what she/he said. 

Bloggers adore the Essie nail polish color After School Boy Blazer, so I bought some to see what all the hype is about. I typically only buy pinks and reds, so buying this dark navy blue was a HUGE leap for me. But I really like it. It’s a nice change. Very fall-y. (Sorry for the lack of pictures thus far.)

The first Halloween party of the weekend was hosted by a coworker. He throws a Halloween party every year and this is the first year I’ve been able to attend. (Last year I was running in the Kansas City half marathon the next day and I didn’t think staying up late and drinking would mix well with that.) I went as a pirate and David went as a marathon runner (a costume he has done once before). Although we didn’t know many people there, we had a good time. His house was all decked out in Halloween decorations. He even had a fire pit outside complete with smores ingredients next to it. No detail was left out.


I slept in until 11. It was a fantastic feeling until I got a phone call from the person who cuts my hair at 11:15 asking where I was. Oops. I had a haircut appointment at 11. It was on two calendars, but I still managed to forget about it. I never do that. Thankfully, it doesn’t take long to get there, so I threw on some clothes and got there within the next 10 minutes or so and she didn’t seem to mind too much. Whew.

David and I spent the rest of the afternoon shopping. Our first stop was to find David a costume for him to wear to the second Halloween party that evening. I hate going into those stores every year. They smell like plastic. They’re usually dimly lit or strangely bright and have weird makeshift dressing rooms. All those Halloween stores just give me an overall icky feeling. We don’t consider ourselves clever or creative, so we go the easy route and buy a pre-made costume each year. He settled on a mad hatter costume.

David also wanted to drop by the mall. I didn’t put up a fight. ;) While he was perusing Eddie Bauer, I visited my favorite store, Francesca’s Collections. And sure enough, I walked out with two purchases.

Cute little wall hanging.

Cute little wall hanging.

An initial necklace.

An initial necklace.

I got the necklace for such a good price. It was originally $18 and marked down to $10. Then, it was 50% off that price. $5 for this cute piece? Yes please!

Before we knew it, it was time for Halloween party number two! I went as a pirate again. (Costumes are expensive, so I was going to get my money’s worth out of it!) David and I had a blast at this party, too!

Halloween Party #2 Halloween Party #2-2

We danced and talked until way past midnight. David and I finally crawled into bed around 3 a.m.


David and I didn’t start stirring until 12:30 p.m.! Holy cow. I guess that’s what happens when you go to bed at 3 a.m. We ventured out to grab some Chipotle and do a Costco run, but that was it. I wanted to be back home. I had quite a bit of wine the night before and I was lacking motivation for anything, so a mellow afternoon at home was the only thing I wanted.

I parked it on the couch and read some more of the second book in the Fifty Shades series (I’m seriously addicted), played Candy Crush (I beat a level!), caught up on all my blog reading on Bloglovin’, and watched DVR-ed and Netflix shows with David. What a lazy afternoon. Oh well. What else are Sundays for?!

Questions for you
How was your weekend? What did you do?