My weekend was filled with socializing and eating. How could it not be a good weekend?! Linking up with Sami once again to recap it all.


I headed over to 24 Hour Fitness after work to use my free one-day pass. Well, that didn’t really happen. I walk in and check in and go through a little mini questionnaire about what I’m looking to get out of my gym experience and what types of exercises I like. Then before I can even step foot on the gym floor, I’m ushered over to talk about the different options I could purchase. I should have known this was coming. Silly me for thinking I could work out first. Oh well. I had the intention of purchasing a membership that day anyways. And I did. I’m so pumped! I’m looking forward to Zumba, kickboxing, and possibly cycling classes, along with having access to ellipticals and treadmills. As you’ve read before on here, I run and hike, but I do those sporadically, so I’m looking to get into a fitness routine and work out more than just two or three times a month. Want to know one of the spiffy parts about the gym membership? When you come in to workout, you type in a 10-digit number and then you SCAN your finger to sign in. I will feel like a spy whenever I go to the gym.

After fitting in a quick 30-minute elliptical workout, I booked it out of there to take a quick shower and head out with David for a double date.

We met up with our friends Kris and Kathy at Blue Moose. I felt bad David and I had other plans on Saturday night and we’d have to miss Kathy’s birthday celebration, so I’m glad we could see them and fit in dinner!

I had a crab cake sandwich with a side of coleslaw and David had the milk-braised pork.


I really enjoyed the sandwich and David loved the pork. We’ll definitely return to have those menu items again.

We talked for several hours and caught up on what was going on in each others’ lives; it was lovely! Once David and I left Blue Moose, we decided we needed some sort of dessert. It was late, so ice cream places had already closed down. But the new Dunkin’ Donuts by us was still open, so we grabbed some sweet treats there.


The donuts turned out to be a disappointment. They were dry. I guess that’s what we get for buying donuts at 11 o’clock at night.


I couldn’t have asked for a better morning or afternoon. I slept in and read at least three chapters in the third Fifty Shades book. And since the weather was gorgeous, I went on a four-mile run with Dexter. I ran in a long sleeve shirt and shorts. It was hard to believe it was November! And I probably could have gotten away with a short sleeve shirt. Dexter was so happy to get out and run again. We hadn’t done that with him in several months.

That evening, David and I traveled down to the Power and Light District to Bar Louie to help celebrate our friend Nicole’s birthday. I’ve been wanting to go to Bar Louie for awhile now, so I was excited to try it out! Plus, I’m in love with the Power and Light District, so everything was bound to work out (and it did!).

I ordered the buffalo chicken flatbread. It was good, but spicy — it had more kick than I was expecting.


We all chatted away about food, vacations, and the Miss Universe competition that was on the TV. David and I had to duck out early to go to another social event. I told you there was a lot of socializing. This time, we headed to join some friends at Aura, a nightclub.

We all typically look forward to Aura because it’s always a good time. Unfortunately, this time wasn’t that great. The bass was too loud. The lights were too bright and flickered too much — so much so I was thankful I didn’t have epilepsy. They could have triggered a seizure for sure. I walked away with a headache. Boo. I’m not sure if the lights weren’t set up correctly or something because we’ve never encountered that problem before. I felt as though as I was getting old (or maturing?) because I was excited to leave just to get away from the awful lights.

Despite everything, we still ended up staying until 1:30 a.m. or so. David was the DD, so after we drove everyone home, we finally climbed into bed around 3 a.m. What a day!


I didn’t get to sleep in as much as I wanted to, but it was all good because I met up with   Taryn, a friend from college, for lunch. We hadn’t seen each other in more than a year, so it was definitely time to catch up. We ate at The Mixx, which is similar to Ingredient (where I ate last weekend).

I got the cobb wrap, which had roasted turkey, tomato, avocado, field greens, gorgonzola, and oil and vinegar in it, and sweet potato fries.


Unfortunately, the overall experience wasn’t great at all. I ordered before my friend and she got her food right away, while I had to wait at least 15 minutes or more. I had a cold wrap; it shouldn’t be that hard to put it together. I had to check on my order TWICE. Ridiculous. People who had ordered after me had already got their food and were finished by the time I got mine. The sweet potato fries were good, but I probably won’t get the wrap again…if I go there again.

At least the conversation was good! Taryn and I talked jobs, houses, and pets among other topics. It was good to see her!

The rest of the afternoon was pretty uneventful. David and I went to Barnes and Noble, so he could buy the rest of the books in the Game of Thrones series (he just finished book 3) and then we went to Target. After that, I spent the evening glued to my computer looking over pictures I could print and put in frames to decorate the walls in our house and writing this here post.

Question for you
How was your weekend? What did you do?