Hi all! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! I know I sure had fun! I’m going to keep this brief (as much as a long-winded person can) because I caught a cold this weekend and should rest. If anything, I’m thankful that my body held off feeling sick until Sunday.
- I hit up the gym, knowing I would do nothing but sit and eat the next couple of days. Somehow I managed to spend 50 minutes on the treadmill, walking and running at different inclines.
- I actually made dinner! Whoop whoop! The bacon beer cheese soup with chicken I made was totally and utterly unhealthy, but oh so delicious. Stay tuned for the recipe this week sometime!
- Every year I contribute two pumpkin pies to the Thanksgiving festivities, so I also baked those Wednesday. I was quite the homemaker that day!
- I’m thankful that I only go to one Thanksgiving every year. David’s parents, his brother, my grandparents, my parents, and my aunt and uncle gathered around one table at my mom’s house. The food was excellent as usual and we talked for a good 3 hours.
- Although we spent a substantial time catching up, I felt the family time went too fast. So, when my parents were heading to my other grandmother’s house to see her, David and I wanted to tag along.
- We ended the evening back at my parents’ house with a dip in their hot tub and a quick glance through the Black Friday ads.
- We quickly ran into Target to get a couple of things, but of course we left with more than the face wash I had intended to pick up. I was pleasantly surprised that even though it was 3 p.m., they still had their Black Friday deals going on. I got Sara Bareilles’s new CD and Lady Gaga’s new CD for $12 total!
They are already unwrapped and loaded onto my iTunes. I have no self-restraint — I couldn’t simply wrap them and leave them alone until Christmas.
- David and I had a day date. We ate at Freebirds World Burrito (which wasn’t as good as I remembered) and caught a matinee ($8 for two tickets, score!) showing of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. It was so good. I was super mad at the ending simply because I wanted it to keep going. I haven’t read the books, but I’m ready for the third installment already!
- I had the opportunity to see my dear sailing friend who I met at Girl Scout camp ages ago, Hanna, at PBR Big Sky, a country bar in the Power & Light District. I jumped on it, of course. I see her about once a year, if not once every 2 years. She lives in Manhattan, Kansas, which isn’t terribly far away, but we never seem to be able to match up our schedules. It was good to catch up even if we only got to say a handful of sentences to each other at the Happy Hour she won.
- David and I went on a bit of a shopping spree at Pier 1 Imports. We were really good at spending money on ourselves this weekend instead of others for Christmas. Oops. We bought two chairs to go with our new dining room table AND we ordered the bench to go along with the table, as well. We have been waiting like 2 months to order this bench because it wasn’t even in the warehouse for the longest time. The sales staff member was also able to give me the sale price and use my 20% off. Such a big win! And on top of those, we bought a handful of Christmas decorations. I am in love with this gorgeous glass jar I filled with red and gold glitter balls that I placed on top of my burlap table runner.
- David and I met up with five of our friends for drinks at a place called The Foundry in Westport. We had a great time — I got to meet a friend’s boyfriend for the first time! We all left before midnight. The place was getting so loud and crowded. Man, I am really starting to feel old — I just can’t handle those conditions anymore it seems!
- The most exciting thing I did all day was have lunch at First Watch with David.
- I spent the rest of the day on the couch watching episodes of Gossip Girl and Elementary and napping. Darn cold. I suppose I was bound to get sick. I joined a gym, a place that is filled with all sorts of germs, and I went to two busy bars within the past 4 days. My cold isn’t real severe at all. I’m planning and hoping for a quick recovery. I have fun things planned for Thursday, Friday, and Sunday — this is no time to be sick!
Questions for you
- How was your holiday weekend?
- What was your favorite part?
Linking up with Sami.