Wow. I feel like we just had Friday. No complaints here, though. :) Linking up with Carolina Charm to share five random things with you that aren’t necessarily about this week.
1. This week marks the third month I’ve worked on newsletters at the new job. Yep, I’ve helped with the April, May, and June editions. It still seems like I just started. While I sometimes feel like I’m going back to the basics of page layout (like proper photo and text placement and making sure there’s adequate space around everything), I also know I’m learning new things with this new gig. At the moment, that specifically means keyboard shortcuts or hot keys for InDesign. I’m not the quickest designer, so once I get the hang of these shortcuts, I’ll be more efficient, which is always a good goal to reach for!
2. Summer plans are already being made. While I enjoy hanging out and doing stuff, I must admit I’m getting a little anxious because I want to make time for me and David and what we want to do this summer — like make use of our new camping equipment and go to the farmers’ market — and I’d like to have some freedom to do those things when we want. Summertime always seems to slip through our fingertips and I hope that’s not the case this year. That being said, I REFUSE to make a summer bucket list — it would only set us up for failure.
3. David and I have caught up on our DVR shows and we just finished all the Last Man Standing episodes that are on Netflix, so we started a new show on Netflix: Supernatural. Two of my former coworkers loved it, so much so they would quote it and lots of giggling would happen. Because of this, I thought it was going to be more of a comedy. Wrong. I mean, really, I should have thought about it. Supernatural. <— The title gives it away that it’s not entirely funny. The two main dudes are sure nice to look at, but the majority the show is creepy to me. I am such a wimp! David may have to watch this one on his own.
4. This time last year we had already booked our Shenandoah backpacking trip and were already talking about how we were going to train for it. This year? We haven’t decided when we’re going or where. All we know is we really want to fit in a backpacking trip this year and we want it to be out West. I will say we have briefly talked about three different national parks, though: Grand Teton, Yellowstone, and Zion. They are all gorgeous; see for yourself!
If you were to ask me to choose one location at this very moment, I would go with Zion National Park in Utah. I know, I know — I’m typically a mountains and let’s see green grass and trees type girl, but there’s something about these desert photos that get me. It also helps if we do end up visiting Utah, there are national parks fairly close together so we could visit more than one. (Canyonlands would be the other one I’d like to see!)
5. David and I took Dexter out on a leisurely two-mile walk last night and enjoyed the nice weather. It’s the little things.
Enjoy your weekend, my friends!